On Wednesday Bethesda Game Studios hosted a Starfield Developer Q&A event on its official Discord channel. And suffice it to say the Q&A session did not disappoint for those who tuned in hoping for fresh Starfield info.
If you were unable to catch the stream not to worry: you can view it in its entirety above. And we’ve also got a quick breakdown of what was revealed down below.
- There are over 20 companions you can recruit in Starfield, each with their own unique background
- There will be a jail system, similar to that of Skyrim
- A kill-less playthrough of the game is probably not possible
- Starfield has mechs, but they’re unusable…or are they?
- The Kid Stuff Trait means you’re parents will look your player character
- As in other Bethesda games, players can buy property in all the major cities
- Crew members can be assigned to outposts
- Certain items are considered “contraband” and will have to be smuggled into major cities via special ship modules
- Time only passes in Starfield when you’re actively playing the game
- Both real-life religions and 3 fictitious ones will be part of the Starfield universe
Check out this link to Xbox Era for a transcript of all questions and answers. And for the latter, we’ll soon get to discover all these and more when Starfield finally ships on September 6 for Xbox Game Pass subscribers (with those who bought the Premium Edition getting early access starting September 1).
Featured image via TechRaptor.