One of the most notable new features is the Environment Variables editor, which allows users to create and manage profiles for different environment variables. This can be useful for users who need to switch between different development environments or who want to have a separate set of environment variables for personal and professional use.
Another new feature is the Dashboard home page in Settings, which provides quick access to all the PowerToys modules. This makes it easy to enable or disable modules, view their settings, and learn more about how to use them.
PowerToys 0.75 also includes several other improvements, such as:
- Support for previewing every file type that a machine can currently preview in Peek.
- Fixes for context menu pop-ups automatically snapping to zones in FancyZones.
- Global GPO rules for controlling all utilities and PowerToys Run plugins.
- Support for VSCodium Stable, VSCodium Insider, and Remote Tunnels workspaces in PowerToys Run.
- New characters added to Quick Accent and Registry Preview.
- Options for hiding the toolbar and selecting mute/unmute at startup in Video Conference Mute.
Overall, PowerToys 0.75 is a significant update with several new features and improvements. PowerToys 0.75 can be downloaded from the Microsoft GitHub repository.