The Xbox One and Windows 10 video game, State of Decay 2, received a rather significant update today that rebalanced a lot of game mechanics, improved the visuals, and squashed some bugs.
Most-notable among the new content is the dramatic increase of the number of zombies in the latter part of the game and the gifting of a wizard van to all players. “After updating the game with the new patch, use your radio menu to call in the delivery, and moments later you’ll be riding in style,” the official blog post says on how to obtain the van. “(It’s okay if you didn’t get us anything. We know we’re hard to shop for.)”
Here are some of the main highlights of the update. You can read the full, detailed list here.
- We made several balance changes to the Daybreak rewards — CLEO guns are better, CLEO ammo can be crafted, and Red Talon contractors are cheaper … though a bit more unruly.
- We added some new facility actions — you can craft Ammo, Meds, and Food, and you can teleport gas cans and repair kits straight into parked vehicles.
- We amped up the benefits of allied enclaves, and added the option to dismiss trader enclaves when you’re trying to summon a new one and there isn’t any room for them.
- We added the ability to use simple consumables while in a vehicle.
- We bumped up the size of zombie hordes late in the game.
State of Decay 2 is an online multiplayer video game set during a zombie apocalypse. The game features crossplay and crossbuy between the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions and is also available to play for free as part of Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One consoles.
Do you play State of Decay 2? Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox gaming content.