Less than two weeks ago, Mojang released Minecraft v1.9 to PC users and added to its beloved game some new features as well as improvements to combat mechanics. But today, Mojang is announcing that the first pre-release of Minecraft 1.9.1 is now available to download. The team also shares that as most of them plan to attend GDC in San Francisco next week, the final release of Minecraft 1.9.1 will happen in two weeks.
In the meantime, this pre-release is bundling Elytra sounds effects along with some bug fixes, please find the full details below:
- Added Elytra sound effects
- Improved AI
- Improved entity selectors
- Tweaked cooldown mechanics to be less confusing
- Applied paper patch 0078
- Loot tables now also work in dispensers and droppers
- Hoppers can now pull items out of blocked chests
- Increased limit for “executed command blocks per tick”
- [Bug MC-56162] – Worldborder damage 0
- [Bug MC-96219] – Block Duplication Bug with Pistons (ghost blocks)
- [Bug MC-98327] – Elytra texture transparency issues
As usual, to get this new pre-release you’ll first need to open your launcher and press the “New profile” button. Then, call that profile “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental developmental snapshots”, then hit save. If you want to switch back to the normal version, you can select it from the drop-down menu at the bottom left corner of the launcher. However, be sure to back up your worlds as snapshots can corrupt your world.
Last, don’t forget to report all the bugs you encounter to the Minecraft bug tracker if you want the team to fix them!