Welcome to another episode of the WinBeta Podcast. Each week we discuss the top Microsoft related news. This week we discuss Redstone 2, Cortana’s increased role in Redstone (1), closing the app gap with universal apps, and more.
You can join in on every single broadcast. We have the comments directly on the video so you can see how much fun we have during our live show. To watch us live, just go to our live page at 8PM GMT or go to our YouTube channel.
If you can’t join us live you can watch the rebroadcasted video or audio later on. The podcast audio is on iTunes, the Windows podcast app, TuneIn, and other podcast apps and the video is on YouTube. Whether you’re looking for good discussion and insight on Windows news, or just a good time with some guys who love tech, you’ll enjoy the podcast. During the full episodes of the show we discuss the Windows news of the week and then after each week’s episode recording, we have a general discussion and Q&A with our viewers. If you can’t join us live, you can share your thoughts in the comments, and vote in our weekly polls. You can also tweet us at @ZacB_ and @Sean_Michael_UK.
Links to stories covered in this week’s episode:
- Windows 10 Build 14279
- Cortana on Redstone/ notifications center
- Redstone 2
- Windows 10 Mobile UI improvements being tested/ current UI in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.122 to slow and release preview rings
- Poll: Will the universal app platform close the app gap?
- Xbox one games coming to PC, Xbox will become more PC like
- Phil Spencer downplays Xbox and PC unifications plans
- Microsoft reportedly considered purchasing Slack for $8 billion
- Microsoft testing Project Centennial version of Office