The newest World Update for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available. World Update XII takes players to the stunning landscapes of “the jewel of the Pacific”—New Zealand.
The team used the latest satellite imagery, aerial photography, digital elevation models and high-resolution photogrammetry data to deliver some of the most photorealistic and breathtaking scenery in a video game yet.
New locales to explore
In World Update XII players will be able to explore seven new cities:
Not only that, but the update also adds 62 points of interest (and for anyone wondering: yes, the Hobbiton movie set is among them), including 9 handcrafted airports:
- Gisborne Airport (NZGS)
- Milford Sound Airport (NZMF)
- Martins Bay Aerodrome (NZMJ)
- Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE)
- Rotorua Airport (NZRO)
- Lake Tekapo Airport (NZTL)
- Whangarei Airport (NZWR)
- Westport Airport (NZWS)
- Quintin Lodge Airstrip (T004)
Ten new missions are available with the update to help players see the best of New Zealand. Among them:
- Three bush trips, including a historic recreation of the country’s first air route.
- Three discovery flights, including Auckland, Queenstown and Lake Benmore.
- Four landing challenges, which will test your aviation skills in a variety of aircraft.
You can get the update now
Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update XII: New Zealand is free for all owners of the game to download. The game is available on Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC including via Xbox Game Pass, as well as on Steam.
Featured image via Xbox Wire.