Destiny 2 Season of Defiance launched on Tuesday, bringing with it the long-anticipated Lightfall expansion. Lightfall will feature an all-new campaign with a new destination, new activities, rewards, and more.
“Our end begins”
The Witness and its newest Disciple are here. Begin a journey that will reveal the hidden threads that bind us, the ability to unravel them, and the mastery to weave them anew. With this new power in hand, find strength in your fellow Guardians and triumph in the face of annihilation.—Bungie.net.
What’s new in Lightfall
- Lightfall introduces Neomuna—Neomuna is a neon-lit human city on the planet Neptune. This is where the Lightfall story will begin.
- Also new to Lightfall is a new power called “Strand” which will allow players “to manipulate reality and pluck at the cosmic web binding us all.”
- Legendary Mode, which was introduced in the previous expansion “The Witch Queen,” will make a return in Lightfall.
- Also, a slew of new Exotics to beef up the arsenal. Among them: Winterbite, Swarmers, Final Warning and more.
- A new activity on Neptune, “Terminal Overload.” In this activity players will take on The Shadow Legion and Vex to stop their assault on Neomuna.
More to come in Season of Defiance
More content will follow throughout the season, especially as the seasonal story unfolds:
The Vanguard calls upon its closest allies. The Guardian must master the righteous powers of the Awoken to stand against the encroaching Shadow Legion and prove themselves as Queensguard.
Destiny 2: Lightfall is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC (as well as PS4/5).
Featured image via Xbox Wire.