Microsoft’s Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad apps both updated this week with some significant changes. This update brings both apps up to Version 8.71 and added support for in-client Skype number purchases, revamped the share extension, and more reaction options to the reaction picker.
Here’s the full release notes:
- We’re listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here’s what’s new:
- In-client Skype Number purchases
- Improved Share extension with dark mode support and better performance
- Upgraded custom reaction picker so you can now have more reactions right at your fingertips
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Despite adding support for calls with up to 100 people late last year, Skype app and feature updates have been very slim since with mostly only the occasional monthly bug fix and stability update being pushed out to users.
Do you still use Skype? Let us know in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter for more Microsoft app updates.