Microsoft has made several significant announcements on its Microsoft 365 roadmap.
1. Microsoft Teams Introduces IntelliFrame and People Recognition (Feature ID: 161427):
- Microsoft Teams will enable cameras with IntelliFrame, and People Recognition experiences in its new desktop client.
- Remote attendees in hybrid meetings can view multi-stream IntelliFrame video, panoramic room view, and in-room attendees with speaker recognition (including name labels).
- The rollout is scheduled for November 2023.
2. One Time Passcode (OTP) for Teams Rooms on Windows (Feature ID: 170745):
- Microsoft Teams is simplifying the setup process for Teams Rooms on Windows.
- Users can enter a one-time passcode (OTP) during the first boot experience to fetch resource account credentials and sign into Teams Rooms.
- This feature requires a pro license.
- It will be available starting November 2023.
3. Cloud IntelliFrame for Teams Rooms (Feature ID: 161428):
- Online meeting participants can experience Cloud IntelliFrame in the new Microsoft Teams app.
- Cloud IntelliFrame makes in-room participants appear similar to remote attendees, creating an immersive meeting experience.
- This feature is exclusively available with a Microsoft Teams Rooms Pro license.
- Rollout begins in October 2023.
4. Immersive Spaces in Microsoft Teams (Feature ID: 161720):
- Teams users can transform their meetings into a 3D experience.
- This can be done with a single click from the Teams meetings view menu, connecting users with their teams in pre-built immersive spaces.
- The feature will be available for preview in October 2023 and will start rolling out in January 2024.
5. New Shortcuts for Calls in Teams (Feature ID: 164200):
- Microsoft is changing keyboard shortcuts for initiating calls in Teams.
- The new shortcuts for Windows are Alt + Shift + A for audio calls and Alt + Shift + V for video calls.
- MacOS’s new shortcuts are Option + Shift + A for audio calls and Option + Shift + V for video calls.
- These changes take effect starting November 2023.
Here are more updates that we covered previously.