Once again, Microsoft’s experimental Garage project has produced an app for a competing platform. Connections, the contact manager, hails from the Microsoft Garage division and is now available for Android users in India.
Connections helps you better manage your relationship with your contacts – be it friends, family, customers, vendors or suppliers. It helps you capture and surface important information so that you can be organized and prepared. Notes, Reminders, Categories & Sharing, are just a start – but we aim to keep listening to feedback and improving the app so that we provide enough context to all your interactions.”
Some of the features available to this oddly specific release include:
- Note down information you want to remember for a contact right after meeting them or calling them
- Set reminders for each contact, so you get reminded with info on exactly whom to follow-up with & when
- View the last note even before answering someone’s phone call
- Categorize your contacts with tags for easy search
- Add pictures from your phone gallery so you can have visual notes and reminders
- Share notes with context – notes go with the respective contact information like name and phone number
There is no mention of the app coming to iOS or Windows 10 Mobile anytime soon, but we suspect that the app will eventually work its way to either in the future. To find other interesting apps and projects, head over to The Garage section at Microsft.com.