At the HLTH 2023 conference, Microsoft announced new AI solutions and capabilities for healthcare that will help organizations improve patient and clinician experiences while delivering quality care more efficiently and at a lower cost. Microsoft announced something similar last month as well.
The new solutions include:
- Microsoft Fabric: This is a new tool that helps healthcare organizations unify and analyze their data. This means that they can put all of their data in one place and then use Microsoft Fabric to make sense of it. This can help them to improve patient care, reduce costs, and make better decisions.
- Azure AI Health Insights: This service offers pre-built AI models that can aid in enhancing patient care and achieving better outcomes. One such model can predict which patients are more likely to develop specific diseases. With this information, doctors can intervene early and prevent the occurrence of such diseases.
- Azure AI Health Bot: It provides out-of-the-box healthcare intelligence that can be used to create chatbots and virtual assistants. These chatbots can be used to answer patients’ questions, schedule appointments, and provide other support.
- Text Analytics for Health: This is a new service that can be used to extract and label essential medical information from unstructured texts. For example, it can be used to extract information from doctor’s notes, medical records, and research papers. This information can then be used to improve patient care, conduct research, and develop new drugs and treatments.
- Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX™) Copilot: An AI-powered solution that helps clinicians to create draft clinical summaries automatically and securely in seconds from exam room or telehealth conversations.
These new solutions have the potential to significantly improve the way that healthcare is delivered by making it easier for healthcare organizations to collect, analyze, and use data.