Microsoft announces The 2024 Imagine Cup, which is a student competition for visionary entrepreneurs looking to build with AI.
Earlier this year, winners came up with a software app called TAWI that’s designed to assist children with Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) to enhance both their communication and auditory skills effectively. More about it here.
Benefits of participating
- Access to AI Technology: Get $1,000 USD Azure credits and $2,500 USD OpenAI credits, plus expert guidance to accelerate your AI journey.
- Expert Mentorship: Founders receive personalized guidance from technical and business mentors tailored to their specific needs.
- Prizes and Global Recognition: The championship team will receive $100,000 USD, while the two runner-up teams will each earn $50,000 USD. Additionally, the winning team will have an exclusive mentorship session with Microsoft Chairman and CEO Satya Nadella.
- Qualifying (October 16 – January 24): Submit your AI startup idea to access valuable resources, including Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub, Azure and OpenAI credits, and self-paced training.
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) Submissions (January 26 – February 9): Submit your MVP, a mandatory step to advance in the competition.
- Semifinals (February 23 – April 12): Teams reaching the semifinals will refine their business plans and prototypes with seasoned mentors. Semifinalists will access technical guidance, one-to-one mentorship, networking opportunities, and additional Azure credits.
- World Championship (April 26 – Build): The top three teams compete at Microsoft Build, showcasing their startups, receiving mentorship from Satya Nadella, global visibility, and substantial cash prizes for the winners and runners-up.
If interested, you can register here.
We encourage all eligible students to consider participating in Imagine Cup 2024. It is a unique opportunity to learn from experts, gain access to cutting-edge technology, and showcase your startup to the world.