The Version 5.40 Content Update is now live for Fortnite players on PC and Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles. This latest update adds a new weapon for the popular Fortnite Battle Royale mode, a new character for Save the World, and loads of changes and fixes.
Here’s the official release notes for Fortnite’s Version 5.40 Content Update:
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
- Bug Fixes
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
Weapons + Items
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added. Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision. Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops. Available in Epic and Legendary Variants. 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
- Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
- Disabled Video Capture for the Nintendo Switch. This was done for performance and stability reasons.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
Weekly Horde Challenge 6: Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET
This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks – and players have no shields! Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion. This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander – Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge. Features new Subclass – Rook. New Perk – Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
Weapons + Items
- Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store. A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts. Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
Fortnite continues to be one of the most-popular video games on Xbox One with its free-to-pay Battle Royale mode frequently being featured in both the games industry and mainstream media.
Do you play Fortnite? Let us know what you think of this latest update in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more video game content.