Although Microsoft’s chief of the Big Red Button, Gabe Aul, commented in Twitter earlier today that no Windows 10 Mobile builds are imminent, he must have been talking about the Windows Insider program. Today, we learn from Windows Central that a build is shipping to AT&T Lumia 950 users who aren’t Insiders.
Build 10586.164, which hit Slow And Preview Insider rings last week, is pushing now to non-Insider AT&T Lumia 950’s and brings the following updates:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app.
- Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements in battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
Hit that update, AT&T Lumia 950 owners, and get update–but only if your Windows 10 Mobile flagship isn’t a part of the Windows Insider program. Let us know if you find anything new.