Age of Empires: Castle Siege is celebrating its first anniversary on Windows 10 with special events both in-game and in the real world running from July 20th through to July 30th 2016. Here are all of the different events that will be happening over the 10 days of the campaign.
- In-game gold giveaway. Once a day for every day of the campaign, two randomly selected online players with connected Xbox Live accounts will be given 50,000 gold each. This in-game currency can be used to upgrade units and purchase items.
- An Age of Empires: Castle Siege T-shirt giveaway. Microsoft will be giving away 150 new Age of Empires: Castle Siege T-shirts to followers of the official Castle Siege Twitter and Facebook accounts who answer special trivia questions correctly. All answers must contain the hashtag, #CastleSiegeSweepstakes, and the winner will be chosen randomly from the correct entries.
- A signed poster giveaway. Players of Age of Empires: Castle Siege can win a signed poster by designing the best visually pleasing castle layouts in-game. One Grand Prize will be awarded for each of the Empire Ages 3, 4, 6, and 8 and two will be awarded for each of Ages 5, 7, and 9. To enter, players must submit a screencap of their castles along with the #castlesiegecontest hashtag to the official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- The Top 10 Players on the Castle Siege Leaderboard at 5:00 PM PST July 29th will win a signed poster and a Castle Siege Pinny Arcade pin.
- The travelling festival will once again appear inside players’ games for the 10 days of the campaign and its presence will boost all resources by 20%.
- There will also be a 20% Troop Training boost.
- For the 10 days of the celebration, the Daily Reward will increase from 30% to 60%.
- On July 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, Daily Gold rewards will be doubled.
- A discount on gold purchases will be implemented.
Do you play Age of Empires: Castle Siege on a regular basis? What age are you up to? Let us know in the comments below.