Just one short month ago, Outlook Premium dropped the preview tag and opened up to all United States based customers. As noted by the folks at Neowin, Microsoft has now gone global with the service, opening it up to six additional countries.
Outlook.com Premium is an enhanced email service which syncs your own personalized email domain (such as Jane@Doe_Family.com) with your Outlook.com mailbox (as well as hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com), and removes banner ads from your Outlook.com mailbox. The service was initially only available for U.S. based Outlook users, but now expands to Canada, UK and Northern Ireland, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, and Ireland. Pricing on the service in the U.S. started at $19.95 per year, but after March 31st will increase to $49.95. You may see pricing and the increases for other regions below.
- Canada: Now: 29.99 CAD/yr. After March 31, $74.99 CAD/yr
- UK and Northern Ireland: Now 14.99 GBP/yr. After March 31, 37.48 GBP/yr
- Singapore: Now 36.00 SGD/yr. After March 31, 90.00 SGD/yr
- Australia: Now 37.95 AUD/yr. After March 31, 94.95 AUD/yr
- Hong Kong: Now 168.00 HKD/yr. After March 31, 420.00 HKD/yr
- Ireland: Now 19.99 EUR/yr. After 49.99 EUR/yr
While the Outlook.com Premium website shows these latest pricing details, and new regions, Microsoft has not yet officially announced a wider release. Do you think that you will purchase Outlook Premium? Or will you stay basic? Let us know in the comments below.