Microsoft today has taken to the Windows Experience blog to detail the Windows Defender Security Center. This Security Center is one of the new features heading to Windows 10 in the Creators Update and is designed to make it easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose, as well as for you to better understand the security features already protecting you on your Windows 10 device.
According to Microsoft, the new Windows Defender Security Center has five key areas which will give you control and visibility over your device security, health, and online safety experiences. We’ve included the five areas for you below, so be sure to give Microsoft’s official core descriptions a read!
- Virus & threat protection provides a new view of your antivirus protection whether it’s Windows Defender Antivirus that comes free with Windows 10 or AV software from one of our ecosystem partners
- Device performance & health provides a single view of your latest Windows updates, drivers, battery life and storage capacity. Additionally, you have the option to start fresh with a clean install of Windows using the Refresh Windows feature.
- Firewall & network protection provides information on the network connections and active Windows Firewall settings, as well as links to network troubleshooting information.
- App & browser control allows you to adjust settings for SmartScreen for apps and browsers helping you be more informed and stay safer online
- Family options give you an easy way to connect to the family options available online. This page can link you to information about parental controls, options for setting up good screen time habits, setting up activity reports of your kids’ online activity and managing controls for purchasing apps and games
The Redmond giant believes that the goal of introducing the Windows Defender Security Center is to help you become more informed and make safety simple by default. Measures are also in place with the Windows Defender Security Center so that if your subscription or paid antivirus software should expire, it kick in to provide protection by default until you take further action. Furthermore, Windows Defender will also ensure that you are in control of your PC and will allow you to choose protection software and services that you like best.
Do you like the fact that Microsoft is working to make Windows 10 more secure? Let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below!