If you’re worrying about the OEMs lack of interest for Windows 10 Mobile, we just learned from our colleagues at Windows Central (via Gadget Blaze) that Japanese OEM Covia has just announced a new Windows 10 Mobile phone that is excepted to hit the Japanese market later this month. The new handset is branded as the BREEZ X5 and will be priced at ¥24,800 (about $226 and Rs. 15,000). While it is reportedly targeted at business users, this is still a low-end handset as you can tell from the specs below:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 210 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB in-built expandable storage
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 2-megapixel front facing camera
- Dual-SIM slots and support for 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS connectivity.
- 2500mAh battery
We don’t know yet if the phone will be released outside of Japan, but we remind you that Japanese OEM VAIO already announced that its Phone Biz Windows 10 Mobile handset won’t be coming to US anytime soon, so we’ll see what happens. Please tell us in the comments if you think the Covia BREEZ X5 could be popular in the Japanese market.