Microsoft has just revealed the second wave of new Xbox Game Pass games coming to the game subscription service in March. The headliner is Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, which will be available next week alongside Octopath Traveler, Narita Boy, and more.
Five Yakuza games are already available on Xbox Game Pass including Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 and Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 Remastered, and it looks like Microsoft wants the full series to be available on Xbox Game Pass. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the latest episode which was a launch title for Microsoft’s Xbox Series X|S consoles to be next in line.
Two new Xbox Game Pass games were previously announced yesterday with Undertale (available today) and the upcoming Outriders, which will launch on Xbox Game Pass on its launch day, April 1st. You can find the full list of new Xbox Game Pass games with their respective platforms and release dates below:
- Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available today
- Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 18
- Nier: Automata (PC) – March 18
- Star Wars: Squadrons (Console) – March 18
- Torchlight III (PC) – March 18
- Genesis Noir (Console and PC) – March 25
- Octopath Traveler (Console and PC) – March 25
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (PC) – March 25
- Supraland (PC) – March 25
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Cloud, Console and PC) – March 25
- Narita Boy (Cloud, Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 30
- Outriders (Cloud and Console) – April 1
March 2021 is shaping up to be one of the biggest months ever for Xbox Game Pass as we’ve already seen NBA 2K21, Madden NFL 21, Football Manager 2021, and 20 Bethesda games coming to the game subscription service. It’s likely not the end of the good news as Microsoft is now rumored to be holding a digital gaming event next week, likely on March 23. The company is expected to discuss its progress on Xbox Cloud Gaming, and Xbox head Phil Spencer was recently teasing playing the cloud-enabled Destiny 2 on his ARM-powered Surface Pro X.
Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service crossed 18 million subscribers last fall, and this number could rise rapidly once cloud-enabled games become playable on Windows 10 PCs, iOS devices via the web, and smart TVs. Now that Microsoft completed its acquisition of ZeniMax Media/Bethesda, 8 new studios have joined Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios division to bring even more quality exclusive games to Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox consoles, PCs, and any devices that can access Xbox Game Pass.