The PTS test server for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) returns to the Xbox One playerbase today. Anyone who owns PUBG on Xbox One can download the Test Server files from the Microsoft Store and participate in the testing of new weapons, vehicles, and other new gameplay features.
The test server is kind of like an open beta and allows the game’s developers to test specific additions before bringing them over to the main game servers for everyone to experience.
Those who choose to play on the test server will get to try out the new Beryl M762 and MK47 Mutant guns and ride the Sanhok-exclusive scooter and tukshai vehicles. Gamers will also be able to try the new MP system (which now rewards by time played and rank) and see the Xbox Controller loading screen.
Here’s the official list of smaller gameplay changes:
- Added ‘TPP Aim Camera Position’ to options
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s right shoulder
- Reset to Left Shoulder
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s left shoulder
- Latest Peek Shoulder
- Camera position automatically moves to the direction you last leaned
- Latest Aim Shoulder
- Camera remains in the last ADS direction
- In this setting, the camera position won’t be changed by leaning while not in ADS or scoping
- Added a new attachment: the Laser Sight
- Bullet spread is reduced when hip firing and soft-aiming
- The Laser Sight fits on weapons with a lower rail slot available, taking up the grip slot.
- Added the improved Marker/Ping System first introduced for testing on the 8/1 test server update
- Using (R) button, you can create a marker where you are aiming on the compass at the top of the screen (not visible in the world)
- All team members can see this marker on the compass
- After setting the marker, there is a 2 second cooldown before you can mark again
- The marker on the compass will automatically disappear after 5 seconds
- When the ping markers overlap, the closest located marker will be shown on top.
- Increased maximum sensitivity (10 → 20)
Will give the PUBG test server a go or do you prefer to only play on games that are perfected for public gameplay? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox gaming content.