The Xbox November Update releases on November 16th. The update brings a slew of small tweaks in addition to a couple of noteworthy new features. Check them out below.
Access your Discord voice channels straight from Xbox
By linking your Discord account to Xbox, you can now join Discord voice channels from your Xbox. To do this, open the guide (with the Xbox button) go to Parties & Chats; select Discord. Select a voice channel from your available Discord servers.
Gifting from wish lists and sale notifications
When you share your Xbox wish list with friends and family, they’ll get a notification with the option to Buy as gift and have the item sent to you.
Also, you can now choose what store notifications you want to see in the guide, and so on. Go into Settings. Then, select Preferences. Then, Store notifications.
New integrated Captures app
In the guide’s Capture & share tab you’ll find the new Captures app, with improved playback quality on Xbox Series X|S consoles. The Captures app can also be found in My games & apps.
Other new features
Several other new features are implemented in the Xbox November Update, listed here.
- More power options: In Settings > General > Power options, you can view your console’s power usage in Shutdown or Sleep modes.
- Live stream straight from your Xbox: You can now start a live stream with Twitch, Lightstream, and Streamlabs Studio by opening the guide, then Capture & share > Live streaming > More options. Then choose Destination to find your preferred streaming platform.
- Controller rumble for Xbox Cloud Gaming: On PC and Mac, controller rumble is now available for cloud gaming via Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome web browsers.
- New Recommendations section in Settings: This will include a summary of how to optimize your settings, based on your individual console and account.
- Ask to join: This feature will allow you to ask to join a friend’s game from their profile.
- Xbox Assist becomes Xbox Support: This comes with an updated design, with more user-friendly navigation.
Images via Xbox Wire.