Microsoft has rolled out new updates for the Xbox Music app and Xbox Video app for Windows Phone. The Video app update is rather minor and focuses on two issues, while the Music app update addressed several key issues and even squashes 70 functional bugs!
Let’s start with the smaller update. The Xbox Video app was bumped to version 22.214.171.124 on Windows Phone 8 and 126.96.36.199 on Windows Phone 8.1. In this update, Microsoft fixed the incorrect countdown that would appear in some cases with rental expiration notifications. Users of the app would also see “This content is currently unavailable for streaming. Please download to your device to view.” error when playing back movies or TV episodes that were owned – this issue has been resolved.
Microsoft has also updated Xbox Music with the sixth update for the app in just a short amount of time. In version 188.8.131.52, you will find the following improvements:
- Improvements to how the app behaves under poor connectivity conditions.
- Improved download error handling so that messages are less frequent and more clear.
- When your phone is charging, the app will update your collection from the flash or SD card in the background.
- Addressed 70 functional bugs. A few notable issues we fixed:
- Unexpected playlist/playlist item duplications appearing.
- Downloads not resuming after a network connection was lost and regained.
- Purchased songs appearing twice in the collection.
- Showing “looking for music” when nothing had changed.
Microsoft is continuing to work on app performance. “We’re continuing to invest in improving the responsiveness of the app,” the company stated on UserVoice. There will also be future Live Tile and Kid’s Corner support, along with general user experience improvements.
Grab both updated apps via the download links below.