Today, Microsoft released an update to the Dev Center to add some features based on developer feedback this December. The Windows Dev Center adds a number of features to help developers as Microsoft merges its Windows PC and Windows mobile stores in preparation for a Universal App Store. Microsoft aims to periodically update the Dev Center with new updates, features, and to fix performance issues as they arise.
Here is the full list of updates and changed to the Dev Center in December:
- Multi-user access with roles: support multiple users in a single account, with permissions controlled through user roles – this is one of the most voted for features in Uservoice, and is available now in all Dev Center accounts
- Windows Store APIs: validate apps or in-app product acquisitions, useful for cross-platform services, or to add another layer of validation for customer purchases
- In-app purchase discounts: schedule IAP price discounts for apps running on Windows 10
- Access to Office and Azure programs: access the Office and Azure developer programs at no extra cost through the Dev Center registration
- More effective Store lists: The Store is updating the algorithms for the “New and Rising” and “Best Rated” lists to be able to show more apps than before
- Update to the Windows App Certification Kit: with additional validation tests for UWP app submissions