The popular third-party Telegram app, Unigram, received a massive update this week that brought it up to Version 4.0 and added several new features that users should be excited about such as chat folders for organizing conversations and media streaming.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Organize chats into Chat Folders if you have too many chats.
- Create custom folders with flexible settings, or use default recommendations.
- Pin an unlimited number of chats in each folder.
- Right click on a chat in your chat list to add it to a folder.
Stream Videos and Audio files
- You can now play any Videos and Audio files without having to download them.
Improved stickers, GIFs and emojis
- Stickers and GIFs are now animated in the sticker panel and inline bots results.
- Enjoy greatly enhanced loading times for GIFs.
- Quickly find GIFs in emoji-based sections covering the most popular emotions.
- Check the Trending Tab for the top reactions of the day.
- Right click on any GIF in search results to save it to your collection.
- Pinned stickers panel
- Emoji sets have been updated to Unicode 12.1.
- Inline bots got a lot of love as well: all results are now displayed correctly.
Improved files sender and media editor
- New files sender optimized for desktop.
- Choose whether to send your photos and videos as media, files or albums.
- Send uncompressed videos and GIFs.
- New media editor to crop, rotate, flip images and to draw on them.
Improved storage optimization
- Storage optimization screen got a slick redesign and a more polished UX.
… and more!
- This release also includes more than 300 between bug fixes and improvements plus UI polishing in the whole app.
Unigram rose to popularity among Windows users a while ago due to frequent updates and support for Windows 10 Mobile Windows phones. While support for the mobile version has since been discontinued, the PC version continues to iterate with new features and added functionality. It’s even available to use on Xbox One consoles though it’s unclear how many do.
Do you use Unigram or do you prefer the official Telegram app? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Windows app content.