Tweetium is one of our favorite Twitter client here at WinBeta, not just on Windows but for Windows Phone as well. Recently, the folks at Tweetium updated their Windows Phone app, bumping it to version 3.2. with lots of bug fixes and improvements on board. It didn’t end there, it was followed by a number of updates overnight, squashing several bugs which were left untreated.
Here’s a list of changes introduced with the Tweetium v3.2:
- New conversation experience for phone
- Updated nav bar visuals
- Added Crimson and “XB Green” accent colors
- Improved touch keyboard interactions/animations
- Expanded view now shows a share icon with other controls (helps discoverability of share).
- Fixed a bug causing the view to jump by a few tweets after quick resuming in certain cases
- Fixed a bug where the updated last read position for Connect would not be saved correctly in certain cases
- Fixed two cases where the quick action buttons in vertical mode would not display on the top tweet as expected
- Fixed occasional duplicate notifications appearing in Connect+
- Enlarged the touch hit targets of quick action buttons slightly
- Touch keyboard no longer comes up automatically when expanding a DM thread with touch
- “Gray” background is now the same achromatic gray as the gray accent option
- Phone back button now dismisses reply boxes before dismissing the entire thread
- Changed “n following” to “follows n” on profiles for clarity
- The large tile now properly shows the sender (not recipient) for DMs
- “Start at last read” no longer affects the Me tab or user profiles
- Grouped retweets in search results now show the original tweet when clicked/tapped
- Keyboard now comes up properly when sharing to Tweetium (OS bug workaround)
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes
Now, that’s a massive change log, and it appears the developers found some bugs later in the app which needed prompt attention, and fixed those in three subsequent updates — the latest version is 3.2.3 at the moment. Here’s a list of changes introduced in version 3.2.1, 3.2.2 and 3.2.3:
- Fixed screen name shifting a couple pixels in last update when quick actions appear
- Fixed missing updated dot for some tabs
- Fixed UI problems some users experienced with the new conversation view
- Fixed a rare crash
- Fixed broken Newseen reader UI on phone
If you happen to be a regular users of Tweetium for Windows Phone, head over to the Windows Phone store and grab the updated app. The app costs $2.99 and is universal so you can install it on all your Windows-based devices, we’re pretty sure you won’t be disappointed with your purchase if you happen to be a regular Twitter user.
Also let us know if you notice any major performance boost with the latest update using the comments below.