The official Telegram Messenger app updated for Windows devices this week with several improvements to hidden media, contact profile pictures, and lists.
After installing this update, Telegram users will be able to hide list members from others, upload custom photos for contacts, and customize privacy settings for profile photos.
Here’s the release notes:
- Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media in the attachment menu and tapping (⋯) > Hide With Spoiler.
Profile Pictures for Your Contacts
- Setting pictures for your contacts. You can choose your own picture for a contact – only you will see it on their profile.
- Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for their profile. It will take them just two clicks to add the picture you suggested.
- Public profile pictures. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public picture for everyone else.
- Ultimate profile picture privacy. You can set Who can see my profile photos to Nobody and add some users or groups as exceptions.
Hiding Members in Large Groups
- Member list privacy. Owners of large groups can hide the list of members.
In addition to these Windows app changes, a variety of new features and functions have also been added to both the Android and iOS Telegram apps. You can read all about those here.
After more Windows app news? Give us a follow on Twitter.