To enhance user experience, Microsoft Teams is set to integrate Chat notifications with Meeting RSVP status, announced via the Microsoft 365 roadmap. Microsoft Teams users will gain more control over how they receive notifications during meetings based on their RSVP status.
Here’s how it works:
- Declining a meeting invitation will result in no further notifications or the inclusion of related chats in your chat list.
- Conversely, accepting a meeting invitation means you will receive notifications for all new messages about that meeting.
The feature, identified by Feature ID 161739, was added to the roadmap on September 25, 2023, and is set to roll out in December 2023.
This change will apply to Microsoft Teams users across various Android, Mac, Desktop, and iOS platforms. The feature will be available to users in different cloud instances, including GCC, Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant), GCC High, and DoD.
Possible benefits of the new feature could be:
- Reduced distractions: If you decline a meeting, you will no longer be bothered by notifications from the meeting chat, hence less distraction.
- Improved focus: If you are focused on a task and do not want to be interrupted by chat notifications, you can decline the meeting.
- Increased productivity: By reducing distractions and improving focus, this feature can help you to be more productive.
The rollout phase for this update is General Availability, making it accessible to a wide range of Microsoft Teams users starting in December 2023.