These new releases of Shenmue I and II aren’t basic backwards compatibly titles. Both video games feature reworked UI, new control options, scalable resolutions, and Japanese language options. Shenmue I and Shenmue II also support Xbox Live cloud saves and each comes with a good number of Xbox Achievements to unlock.
Here’s the official game description and trailer:
A tale of revenge. In 1986, teenage jujitsu artist Ryo Hazuki returns to the dojo of his father, Iwao Hazuki, only to witness his murder by a Chinese man, Lan Di. Lan Di steals a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror. Ryo vows to avenge his father’s death and sets out tracing Lan Di’s path.
The best Shenmue experience:
- Updated user interface
- Choice of modern or classic controls
- Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
- Fully scalable screen resolutions
An epic legend:
- A tale of revenge on a grand scale
- Solve the mystery of your father’s murder
- An experience never to be forgotten
The world feels alive:
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more
Have you played Shenmue I or II before or will this be your first time? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox video game content.