One of the most popular Reddit clients for Windows 10 has received another update. The latest update to Readit brings, as usual, numerous improvements as well as bug fixes. The developer, Caleb Keith, shared the changelog on Readit’s sub-reddit.
In terms of general improvements, the dark theme is now darker than before:
- Darkened back up the dark theme a bit more, if you don’t like it, please use the legacy dark theme. Unfortunately I will never find a balance that will make everyone happy.
- Darkened chrome color
- Darkened unread post color a bit
This will be a good change for AMOLED devices. In addition to that, translations and language support have also received some improvements:
- Translations updated across app
- Settings landing page
- Other missing translations fixed
- Still not quite 100% strings translated such as certain setting names in individual settings pages
- App is now available in Russian, Turkish and Polish
Finally, there have also been numerous bug fixes to improve the app for issues noticed by users:
- Fixed graphical issue (when using small thumbnails) when pressing and holding on a post, you must now release your finger now for the context menu to appear though
- Fixed open post/comments on other device not working sometimes with mobile UI on phones/tablets/desktops
- Fixed return to top button being visible when viewing post content in some scenarios
- The username and subreddit are now ordered the same in the post list as in swipeview for small thumbnail UI
- Fixed overlapping bar on top of post viewer in profile
- The status bar color on mobile now matches the chrome color
- Fixed status bar in light theme
The update is available in the Windows Store now for Windows 10 devices and brings the app to version 184.108.40.206.