A hotfix has just been pushed out for the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) video game on Xbox One consoles.
This small update mostly includes changes to the game when played on Xbox One X consoles to help improve framerate but there have also been some other bug fixes and the addition of a few new weapon skins. Here’s the full release notes:
Graphical settings on the Xbox One X have been toned down temporarily to help address framerate issues. The resolution and texture quality will remain the same. We wanted to maintain the quality in overall visuals, so to minimize the difference, we only reduced very specific detailed graphics options like shadowing and reflections.
This includes the following changes:
Shadow Quality (Both Dynamic/Static) lowered, Post Processing, Disabled Motion Blur, Decrease quality of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), Disabled off Depth of Field, Disabled off Lens Flare, Decreased Eyes Adaption Quality (This is the time it takes for your eyes to adapt to the dark when you go from a bright to dark place.)
Disabled Screen Space Reflection (SSR) (This is the reflection from windows and such), Disabled Refraction (This is refracted light), Disabled Subsurface Scattering (SSS) (This is when there is light inside an object to make it look more real), Disabled Particle Light (This is dynamic light from different effects such as explosions), Lowered the number of particles created, Optimized inventory in the CUSTOMIZATION menu in the lobby to reduce input lag.
- BP exchange has been added to weapon skins.
- Pressing the Y button while hovering over the weapon skin in the inventory will exchange that weapon skin for BP.
- Only one skin at a time can be exchanged for BP. BP exchange price will vary with each item.
- The preview button has been changed to ≡ button.
- Fixed an issue where the Russian and Uzbek languages were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where a “Lost connection to host” error would pop up when connecting into a match after previously cancelling matchmaking.
- The below items have been added in STORE -> ITEMS available from: September 21 00:00 PDT / September 21 09:00 CEST
- Glory – AKM (This skin will only be available to purchase until: October 21 23:59 PDT / October 22 08:59 CEST)
- Glory – UMP9 (This skin will only be available to purchase until: October 21 23:59 PDT / October 22 08:59 CEST)
- Trifecta – Scar-L
- Trifecta – Micro UZI
- Trifecta – P92
PUBG is one of the most-popular video games on the Xbox One right now though it only recently came out of Game Preview (open beta). Do you play PUBG on your Xbox One? Let the community know what you think of the console version in the comments below. Would you recommend it to others?