It’s been a couple of weeks since Microsoft released a minor update for PowerToys with some bug fixes for Windows 10 users, but a new version is finally available. The latest update packs a highly anticipated automatic update option, as well as important updates to FancyZone.
— Clint Rutkas (@ClintRutkas) April 29, 2020
Here is the full changelog for PowerToys version 0.17:
- PowerToys can now update itself #1686
- FancyZone can now snap to two zones (still experimental since it doesn’t support restoring the app to two zones)
- Per machine installation fixed, non-admin user will be able again to use PowerToys after the regression in 0.16.
- Fixed most of the FancyZones Virtual Desktop bugs.
- Fixed several FZ bugs including proper handling of taskbar position.
- PowerToys icon in the Start menu will always show ????
To see the latest features of PowerToys, you need to head over to the GitHub releases page to download the latest version. For anyone interested to play around with PowerToys, don’t forget to check out our hands-on with the version 0.16.