The Minecraft team is always hard at work to improve their game for the community. A testament to this is the fact that the folks over at Mojang have released another Snapshot which reveals all the latest internal changes, improvements, bug fixes, and new bugs.
Overall, the changes are very comprehensive in length, but Mojang still is calling for your help to find bugs and report bugs in time for the next snapshots. Mojang also notes that bigger features are planned as a surprise for Minecon, happening September 24-25 in Anaheim, California, but smaller changes will make it into snapshots in the coming week. Please find the biggest changes below:
- Some mobs are now more afraid to get wet in the water
- There are now more spawn eggs for many different mobs and this time they are working properly, so we’ll keep them
- Mob types are now separated
- Changed the duration of hunger and saturation effects
- Broke some bugs so they should not happen anymore
- Resource pack format changed slightly, it’s now using version 3
- Most commands can now use blockstate definitions instead of a numerical metadata value
- Snowmen are now 10% less derpy
- More robust handling of invalid items and hopefully less duping bugs due to this change
- Lightning storm will now attract less skeleton horses
Again, the snapshot also includes a very long list of other bug fixes, a few of which can be seen below.
For the complete details on all the bug fixes, you can check out Mojang’s official blog post by clicking here. As always, please be sure to come back to WinBeta and let us know what you think of these bug fixes by dropping us a comment below.