Minecraft developer Mojang has announced today some new content for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition and Minecraft: Pocket Edition. The new update 1.03 brings some gameplay tweaks and bug fixes, but also introduces the Candy Texture Pack that was already available on console editions of the game.
“Starting from today, players of portable versions of Minecraft can download a texture pack that pours a dentist-weepingly high amount of sugar into your game, replacing all the textures with sweet new treats,” explained the blog post. If you’re interested in playing with all these dessert-themed textures, the Candy Texture pack is available today as a $2.99 in-app purchase.
Here is the full changelog of the 1.03 update:
- Added Candy texture pack
- Added Dutch localization
- Fixed some spacing when truncating bolded text.
- Tweaked spawn point selection to be “smarter” (e.g. avoid lava).
- Tweaked the textures of flower/mushroom blocks.
- Assorted texture fixes.
- Fixed a crash when a server/Realm would first start.
- Fixed an issue causing servers to blink between online and offline status
- Fixed a Realms crash when a player exits
- Fixed a crash when using some items
- Fixed a server crash when a player entered a mutated biome
- Fixed an issue that caused pressure plates, buttons, and other Redstone items to become stuck
- Fixed an issue with hoppers not ticking the proper order
- Fixed an issue when destroying a door
- Fixed an issue with item duplication
- Fixed an issue allowing a player to incorrectly obtain End Gateway blocks
- Observer block’s arrows should now point in the direction of power
- Observer blocks will no longer be placed upside-down
- Fixed an issue where realms members that were not your friends were not being displayed
- Bats should spawn more often!
- Fixed an issue with End Gateway textures on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where buttons & other redstone devices could get locked when a redstone lamp activated.
- Fixed some rendering geometry which created weird results
If you have yet to purchase the game, we remind you that the Windows 10 Edition is currently discounted at $9.99 ($17 off), which is a good opportunity to get started with the sandbox game. Let us know in the comments what do you think of this new content update.