Minecraft’s 1.9 update has been pushed back from February 25 to February 29 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Although Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2 and 3 are now available, Mojang likely decided to push back the Minecraft 1.9 update to make sure all the bugs are squashed.
Mojang plans to release a full list of all the changes made between Minecraft 1.8 and Minecraft 1.9. For those that are interested, here is the full list of bugs fixed in Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 3:
- [Bug MC-49888]: World bundled Resources Pack doesn’t work on server
- [Bug MC-91173]: Eyes of Ender not targeting any of the new strongholds
- [Bug MC-92079]: The Loading World GUI Overlay allows users to switch to another world while loading another world.
- [Bug MC-92444]: Certain sounds are missing sound event name
- [Bug MC-92525]: Signs only import first word on each line.
- [Bug MC-94394]: black screen instead of credits [MP only]
- [Bug MC-96004]: Books only import first word written
- [Bug MC-97225]: Subtitle mistakes and typos
- [Bug MC-97235]: Resource pack in minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97389]: Horses are pushed into the wall on dismount
- [Bug MC-97461]: MalformedJsonException when connecting to a 1.8.9 server with 1.9 pre release
- [Bug MC-97491]: Spawner spawns entities with NBT tags and monster with no Pos tag at wrong position
- [Bug MC-97521]: Missing sound for event: minecraft:entity.snowman.ambient
If you notice any new bugs, be sure to report them via the Minecraft bug tracker.
Thanks for the tip, Chris!