The Brexit decision continues to impose its market effect, and for the most part, it is not a good one. Companies with services and goods across the EU are having to price adjust for the prospective withdrawal of the United Kingdom and in doing so, many UK customers are seeing price hikes on purchases that were previously on par with the rest of the EU.
Microsoft followed suit in upping the prices of its Office products as well as a handful of its Surface hardware which saw increased costs of 12% for its Surface Pro 4 tablets and upwards of £400 for the Surface Book. However, shortly after the price hike, Microsoft began offering specials for the two devices that often bundled Office 365 subscriptions and/or significantly lowered the prices back to a more manageable amount.
Continuing with its almost back-to-back discounted offers for the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, Microsoft is now offering several configurations for even greater discounts.
- Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / dGPU | usually £1,849 | now £1,599 (save £250 / 14%)
- Intel Core i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / dGPU | usually £1,999 | now £1,799 (save £200 / 10%)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / dGPU | usually £2,399 | now £2,249 (save £150 / 7%)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / dGPU | usually £3,049 | now £2,649 (save £400 / 13%)
- Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD | usually £1,099 | now £1,079 (save £20 / 2%)
- Intel Core i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD | usually £1,369 | now £1,299 (save £70 / 5%)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD | usually £1,549 | now £1,449 (save £100 / 6%)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD | usually £1,899 | now £1,799 (save £100 / 5%)
- Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD | usually £2,359 | now £2,199 (save £160 / 7%)
The offers are set to expire as soon as April 4, 2017 but as mentioned before, Microsoft seems dead set on continuing to flush its inventory and offer discounts to eager buyers in the UK. Visit the UK Microsoft Store page to read the fine print, but do it soon as newer deals are sure in tow and may not offer the same level of configurable price adjusting.