Microsoft business analytics service Power BI is moving forward. Today, the tech giant introduced its Power BI Premium with greater scale and features that will assist organizations to grow with it.
The announcement rides on the success of Power BI. According to the blog post, more than 200,000 organizations use Power BI, improving on its general release in the last two years with feedback from over 50,000 users. The free Power BI is said to be more simplified now going forward.
The Power BI Premium includes:
- Expanded licensing flexibility
- Customizable scale and performance based on needs
- Power BI apps to simplify dashboards and reports
- Power BI Report Server to maintain BI assets on-premises
- API that supports embedding analytics for developing community
Power BI Premium won’t be generally available until the second quarter of 2017. The Premium service will vary in cost depending on each node, a stark contrast of the Power BI Pro service with $9.99 flat fee per user. Further pricing can be calculated from Microsoft.