Microsoft announced today an expansion of the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan, a low cost alternative for “front line workers.” The plan now includes products such as StaffHub, Teams, and Skype for Business, ultimately providing frontline workers with tools for scheduling and task management, communications and community.
According to Microsoft, the new additional products build on the core value already offered with the Office 365 Enterprise K1 plan. The company notes that these new capabilities will, “gives companies the tools they expect to manage employee access and the digital identity to meet today’s complex and constantly changing security and compliance requirements.” The features begin rolling out to customers in the next several weeks and include the following.
- Microsoft StaffHub—Helps frontline workers manage their workday with schedule management, information sharing and the ability to connect to other work-related apps and resources.
- OneDrive for Business with 2 GB of cloud storage—Provides employees a secure environment to store, manage and access files from virtually anywhere and on any device.
- Skype for Business presence and instant messaging—Enables employees to communicate in real-time, along with the ability to participate in Skype Meeting Broadcast sessions.
- Microsoft Teams—A hub for teamwork that connects employees to the people, tools and content they need to do their best work.
- Office 365 Video—Provides employees with a secure, company-wide destination for posting, sharing and discovering video content.
Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow—Eases the automation of repetitive tasks and workflows.
Which Office 365 plan is your organization subscribed to? You can check the full list of options here, so be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.