With today’s update, Fortnite introduced an evolving item, a first for the popular Battle Royale video game.
Named the Fortnite Crew Legacy Set, this new item is being given away as a free gift to all active Fortnite Crew subscribers and will unlock additional styles and functionality for each additional month that a player stays subscribed.
The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set has a total of six stages with each stage unlocking on the 14th of the month. The first stage is available to unlock until December 31st this year while players will have until August 14th next year (just under a year from now) to unlock all of the stages by having six months of active Fortnite Crew subscription.
These deadlines suggest that, rather than leaving this as a gift for all new subscribers, new evolving items will be added in the future so that Fortnite Crew subscribers have a constant reason to stay subscribed once all of the stages are unlocked.
Here’s the details on each unlock:
- Stage 1: Unlock the Protocol Pack Back Bling upon being subscribed or subscribing to Fortnite Crew. If you’re not subscribed when the v17.50 update releases, you’ll unlock it immediately when you do subscribe.
- Stage 2: The Back Bling evolves, adding the Protocol Elite Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 1.
- Stage 3: The Back Bling evolves again, adding the Protocol Overdrive Style. The Zen Axe Pickaxe emerges from the Back Bling. Both happen on the 14th of the month after Stage 2.
- Stage 4: The Pickaxe evolves, adding the Zen Striker Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 3.
- Stage 5: The Pickaxe evolves again, adding the Zen Ultra Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 4.
- Stage 6: The Pickaxe evolves once more, adding the Zen Assault Axe Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 5.
Going by the above info, current Fortnite Crew subscribers should get Stage 1 today after installing the update and will likely reach Stage 6 on March 14th 2022. However, if Stage 2 unlocks on September 14th, Stage 6 should unlock in February.
The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set isn’t the only new strategy Epic Games is implementing to encourage Crew subscribers to renew their subscriptions each month. September 1st will also see the first Fortnite Crew outfit that’s part of a set. October and November will each unlock the second and third outfits in the set and those that own all three will get special alternative appearances for each one.