Microsoft Azure Communication Services now supports WhatsApp Business Platform. Developers can integrate WhatsApp Business Platform into their applications using Azure Communication Services’ Advanced Messaging SDK.
Businesses can directly communicate with WhatsApp users who have requested to hear from them. We believe that this allows for efficient and effective communication with customers who prefer personalized and secure interactions with their favorite brands.
For example, businesses can create various conversational scenarios, such as contact center support and professional advising, and implement notification and follow-up scenarios, like sending appointment reminders, transaction receipts, shipping updates, or one-time passcodes.
Developers can also integrate WhatsApp with the Job Router capability, which helps manage incoming customer messages and direct them to the appropriate person within the company for a response.
Microsoft Azure Communication Services now supports WhatsApp Business Platform, enabling businesses to reach more customers at scale and deliver reliable communications to users worldwide.
Azure Communication Services Advanced Messaging for WhatsApp enables businesses to:
- Send and receive WhatsApp messages from Azure applications.
- Participate in conversations with WhatsApp users worldwide.
- Support both business-initiated and customer-initiated conversations.
- Initiate conversations with WhatsApp users using templates.
- Reply to user inquiries and trigger automation using Azure Event Grid notifications.
- Receive delivery reports for messages sent, delivered, and read.
Job Router capability seems the most interesting to us. This could be a valuable tool for businesses that need to route customer messages to the right people.