We reported on a teaser announcement about a ‘tech filled’ trip to Redmond that Microsoft was offering to some lucky Windows Insiders earlier today. Well patience is a virtue and Microsoft has revealed the details on who qualifies and how.
Thankfully the contest details weren’t buried in another one of their typically lengthily blog post but rather readily available via the Insider Hub already found in Windows 10 Technical Preview builds. In order to be among one of the lucky 10 invitees who will be part of a 2-day trip to Microsoft World Headquarters, there are few things Windows Insiders must do first.
- Go to the registration site (link provided in the Insider Hub) and submit a short video of themselves telling the Windows team what they like most about Windows 10 Technical Preview and specifically the Windows Insider Program.
- Videos are suggested to be 1 to 3 minutes in length and can be accompanied by an optional 200-300 word description
- Videos are also to be in English as the event is being held in English
- There are also links for showcasing your social media profiles during registration
The Insider team will draw 500 finalist and their panel of judges will select 10 winners from that pile based on the most fetching responses (so get creative)
The deadline for registration is March 24, 2015 and the winners will be announced on or around March 30
The trip is scheduled for April 23-24, 2015. For those keeping a calendar that is just a week before Build. Perhaps the winner might stumble across something before the big announcement.
As far as the actual prize is concerned, winners will:
- Meet with senior Windows leaders (so there is a possibility you can voice your opinions to Joe B in person)
- Get an up close look at the Windows design process
- Tour their hardware design labs (possibly a shot at seeing dummy Surface 4 prototypes)
- Have a chance to hear about the evolution of Windows from Microsoft veterans
- Check out prototypes not yet seen by the public
- And more!
Get those video submissions ready and good luck!