The special next gen version of the popular Devil May Cry V video game, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, is now available to pre-order for Microsoft’s Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles. This new version of the game will not be playable on any Xbox One console.
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition features a variety of technical improvements over its current gen version with support for 4K Ultra HD, raytracing, 60 to 120 fps, and special sound. It also boasts quite a bit of added game content with a new playable character in the form of Vergil, two new game modes for increased difficulty, and a third new mode designed to prefer framerate over graphics.
Here’s the game description:
DEVIL MAY CRY IS BACK, BABY!! The legendary stylish action game is better than ever in the ultimate version of this multi-award winning hit.
- New playable character – Dante’s brother and arch-rival, Vergil
- Legendary Dark Knight mode – an extremely challenging horde mode featuring huge numbers of enemies
- Turbo Mode – make the game even more intense by playing at 1.2x speed
- Ray-tracing support* – this next-generation graphics technology brings the already near-photorealistic world of DMC5 to a new level of unparalleled visual splendour
- High Frame-Rate Mode – experience super-smooth action
These new features and modes utilise the power of Xbox Series X to bring you the craziest, sexiest, most stylish Devil May Cry experience ever!!
*To be added via a downloadable update.
*Ray tracing is not supported on Xbox Series S.
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition is due for release on November 10th. All pre-orders will receive 100,000 Red Orbs as an added in-game bonus.
Are you a Devil May Cry fan and are you thinking of picking this up? Will this be your first time playing Devil May Cry 5? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest and Facebook for more Xbox gaming content.